Why We Need Telemedicine In Singapore?
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Telemedicine is an effective way to help reduce the spread of infection. Patients can stay at home to consult a doctor online and receive care remotely without the need to get out of their homes.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine, which literally means “healing at a distance”. It is a method of providing medical care remotely by using digital devices such as computers and smartphones, usually through video chat or messaging. Patient see a doctor online for selected medical conditions without the need to leave your home or step foot inside a clinic
How does Telemedicine work?
The service uses your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop to connect with your doctor or specialist via text chat, voice call, or video call. Once connected, you’re free to consult your medical practitioner and ask them questions, discuss your symptoms, show them that weird rash, and so on.
After the consultation, your doctor will prescribe any necessary medications, which will be delivered to your home or at a convenient pick-up location such as a clinic near you, or provide the digital medical certificate (if required) based on your health condition
- Lower costs: People who use telemedicine spend less time in the hospital, which saves money. Additionally, less commuting time may imply fewer secondary expenses such as childcare and gas.
- Improved access to care for disabling and elderly: including people who are geographically isolated, and those who are incarcerated.
- Convenience: Telemedicine allows people to access care in the comfort and privacy of their own homes. Save time – no commuting or queuing – instead, it is a brief video consultation with an online doctor
- Stop the spread of infection: Going to the doctor’s office means being around people who may be sick, often in close quarters. This can be particularly dangerous for people with underlying conditions or weak immune systems.
Telemedicine is absolutely safe as the project to provide telemedicine in Singapore to the mass public is spearheaded by the Ministry of Health, and only registered healthcare practitioners are allowed to participate.
For healthcare providers
- Reduced overhead expenses: For example, they may pay less for front desk support or be able to invest in an office space with fewer exam rooms.
- Additional revenue stream: Clinicians may find that telemedicine supplements their income because it allows them to provide care to more patients.
- Patient satisfaction: When a patient does not have to travel to the office or wait for care, they may be happier with their provider
Why choose Telemedicine provided by MaNaDr?
MaNaDr telemedicine services are available 24/7, within which you can choose to have your consultation over text chats or video calls. Prices vary between different doctors and change according to both duration and method of delivery.
You can browse and select a qualified doctor of your choice, and get the medical help you need at the comfort of your home; speak to your doctor about medical issues confidentially via video consultation. Prescribed medication will also be delivered to your doorstep within the same day.
MaNaDr can be very cost-effective, with as little as $10 for five text messages. It’s great if you can keep your consultation brief and to the point.
The website also hosts an online store, which is called MaNashop, that sells medicines, medical supplies, meal deliveries, health supplements, and personal care products.
Getting quality medical care in Singapore has never been more convenient.
You can request an appointment with your doctor HERE
Get A Medical Certificate Online