An oral prescription medicine that acts as an appetite suppressant. It may also help with weight loss by increasing your resting energy.
An injectable prescription medicine. Similarly to Phentermine, it helps with weight loss by regulating your appetite through increased feelings of fullness and decreased feelings of hunger.
An oral, pharmacy-only medicine that breaks down fats in food. When taken with a meal, about one-third of the fat you consume does not get digested and is passed out in your stools.
How to consult a weight management doctor online
Connect to our ServiceBook a weight management teleconsultation through “MaNaDr for Patient” App, or our website.
Consult a MaNaDr Provider
Consult with our trusted doctor and get the most effective treatment for you.
Receive MedicationReceive your prescribed weight loss medication, if applicable. (4-hr medication delivery island wide)
- The Lifestyle Diary feature is designed to help you achieve your weight management goals.
- With our user-friendly interface, you can easily track your progress, set personal weight goals, and access tools such as a BMI calculator to help you better understand your health status.
- Whether you’re trying to maintain a healthy weight or reach a new weight goal, our app is the perfect companion to keep you on track and motivated.
Questions about the Weight Management Program
What is obesity?Obesity indicates abnormal physiology where there is surplus intake of energy resulting in an elevated body weight, the set point of which is now dysfunctional. Mismatch of 3% can lead up to 1-2kg of weight gain per year. Our body weight is tightly regulated by a complex homeostasis where deviation from the set point triggers a compensatory response in the opposite direction trying to restore this set point. This compensatory response can persist for years further predisposing an individual to further weight re-gain beyond the initial weight loss.
How do doctors treat obesity?During your consultation, a doctor will inquire about your diet and lifestyle to gain insight into your situation. Based on this information, the doctor will provide advice and support to help you achieve your weight loss goal. In addition to nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, the doctor may consider prescribing medications such as appetite suppressants or enzyme blockers to further enhance the effectiveness of your weight loss or weight management plan.
What are the main goals of the Weight Treatment Journey?The main goal of therapy is to treat and prevent weight-related complications. The optimal treatment will be based on individual risk and severity of weight-related complications such as Diabetes Mellitus, Osteoarthritis, Ischaemic Heart Disease, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, and Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
How does prescription weight loss medication support me?
Prescription weight loss medications can offer several benefits when used appropriately under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Some of the benefits include:
- Prescription weight loss medications can help boost weight loss efforts by suppressing appetite, reducing cravings, or blocking the absorption of fat. These medications can assist individuals in achieving more weight loss compared to lifestyle changes alone.
- Health Benefits: Losing weight can have numerous positive effects on overall health. By achieving weight loss goals with the assistance of medication, individuals may experience improvements in conditions related to obesity, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
- Personalized Approach: Prescription weight loss medications can be tailored to an individual's specific needs and circumstances. Healthcare professionals consider factors such as medical history, current medications, and individual goals to determine the most suitable medication option.
How much does our weight management program cost?
There will be an initial fee of $13 which includes 5 chat messages and 1 minute of video call. Each subsequent message you send costs $0.6 and video call per minute costs $2.16.During the hours specified below, a surcharge of $5.40 is added to the cost of teleconsultations.
- Mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat, sun: from 00:00:00 to 08:00:59
- Sat: from 13:00:00 to 23:59:59
- Mon, tue, wed, thu, fri: from 18:00:00 to 23:59:59
- Sun: from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
How long does it take to deliver my meds?
Typically, meds will be delivered to your place within 4 hours.
However in certain scenarios, it may take more than 4 hours, refer to the delivery schedule below:
- Medicine ordered between 8 pm - 11:59 pm will be delivered the next day between 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Medicine ordered 12 am - 8 am will be delivered on the same day between 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Medicine ordered between 8 am - 8 pm will be delivered within 4 hours.
What do I need to prepare before a weight loss consultation?
Ensure that you have a physical copy of your identity card with you ready for verification.
Find a noise free environment.
Ensure that your microphone and camera is enabled and working properly. This is to ensure that you have a smooth online consultation.
Take care of your weight to achieve your healthy living!