An oral prescription medicine that acts as an appetite suppressant. It may also help with weight loss by increasing your resting energy.
An injectable prescription medicine. Similar to Phentermine, it helps with weight loss by regulating your appetite through increased feelings of fullness and decreased feelings of hunger.
An oral, pharmacy-only medicine that breaks down fats in food. When taken with a meal, about one-third of the fat you consume does not get digested and is passed out in your stools.
How to Consult a Weight Management Doctor Online?
Connect to Our ServiceBook a weight management teleconsultation through the “MaNaDr for Patient” App or our website.
Consult a MaNaDr Provider
Consult with our trusted doctor and get the most effective treatment for you.
Receive MedicationReceive your prescribed weight loss medication, if applicable. (4-hour medication delivery island-wide)
- The Lifestyle Diary feature is designed to help you achieve your weight management goals.
- With our user-friendly interface, you can easily track your progress, set personal weight goals, and access tools such as a BMI calculator to help you better understand your health status.
- Whether you’re trying to maintain a healthy weight or reach a new weight goal, our app is the perfect companion to keep you on track and motivated.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Weight Management Program
What is Obesity?Obesity indicates abnormal physiology where there is a surplus intake of energy resulting in elevated body weight, the set point of which is now dysfunctional. A mismatch of 3% can lead to up to 1-2kg of weight gain per year. Our body weight is tightly regulated by a complex homeostasis where deviation from the set point triggers a compensatory response in the opposite direction trying to restore this set point. This compensatory response can persist for years further predisposing an individual to further weight regain beyond the initial weight loss.
How do Doctors Treat Obesity?During your consultation, a doctor will inquire about your diet and lifestyle to gain insight into your situation. Based on this information, the doctor will provide advice and support to help you achieve your weight loss goal. In addition to nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, the doctor may consider prescribing medications such as appetite suppressants or enzyme blockers to further enhance the effectiveness of your weight loss or weight management plan
What is the Main Goal of the Weight Treatment Journey?The main goal of weight treatment therapy is to treat and prevent weight-related complications. The optimal treatment will be based on individual risk and severity of weight-related complications such as Diabetes Mellitus, Osteoarthritis, Ischemic Heart Disease, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, and Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
How does Prescription Weight Loss Medication Support Me?
Prescription weight loss medications can offer several benefits when used appropriately under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Some of the benefits include:
- Prescription weight loss medications can help boost weight loss efforts by suppressing appetite, reducing cravings, or blocking the absorption of fat. These medications can assist individuals in achieving more weight loss compared to lifestyle changes alone.
- Health Benefits: Losing weight can have numerous positive effects on overall health. By achieving weight loss goals with the assistance of medication, individuals may experience improvements in conditions related to obesity, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
- Personalized Approach: Prescription weight loss medications can be tailored to an individual's specific needs and circumstances. Healthcare professionals consider factors such as medical history, current medications, and individual goals to determine the most suitable medication option.
How much does our weight management program cost?
The costs for online consultations may vary, starting from $13.10. The final payment amount can be influenced by different surcharges, which depend on various factors, including:
- Timing of Consultation: The surcharge may fluctuate based on the time of day you schedule your consultation. Specifically, peak hours or late-night consultations may result in higher charges.
- Weekends and Public Holidays: Consultations conducted on weekends or public holidays may incur an additional surcharge.
- Provider Qualifications: Healthcare providers with more experience or higher qualifications may apply a higher surcharge to their services.
How long does it take to deliver my medication?
Typically, meds will be delivered to your place within 4 hours.
However, in certain scenarios, it may take more than 4 hours; refer to the delivery schedule below:
- Medicine ordered 12 AM - 8 AM will be delivered on the same day between 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Medicine ordered 12 am - 8 am will be delivered on the same day between 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Medicine ordered between 8 AM - 8 PM will be delivered within 4 hours.
What do I need to prepare before a weight loss consultation?
Ensure that you have a physical copy of your identity card with you ready for verification.
Find a noise-free environment.
Ensure that your microphone and camera are enabled and working properly. This is to ensure that you have a smooth online consultation.
Take care of your weight to achieve your healthy living!