Accepted Overseas Tele-Arts For Pre-Departure Test To Singapore
Travelers to Singapore usually find difficulty in doing their pre-departure test. Nowadays everything becomes easier when remote tele-supervised ARTs by providers based in Singapore are valid for travel into Singapore.
What is a pre-departure test?
According to Singapore Airline, “Many countries and regions require you to take a Covid-19 Pre-Departure Test (PDT) and present a valid negative test result before you are allowed to transit through or enter. The timeframe the test needs to be taken varies and is specific to each country’s entry requirement.”
Singapore’s pre-departure test requirement
Before entering Singapore via a Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL), travelers must:
1. Obtain accepted proof of vaccination
2. Apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (Air) [VTP Air] 3 – 60 days before the intended date of travel. For a smooth application, please ensure that you have a valid passport, proof of vaccination, and address in Singapore ready.
Note: Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, and children aged 12 and below who are accompanied by vaccinated travelers do not need to apply for the VTP Air.
3. Apply for Entry Visa (if required). Click here to find out if you require an entry visa.
4. Book tickets for a designated VTL (Air) flight
5. Purchase mandatory Covid-19 travel insurance with a minimum coverage of S$30,000. Click here to purchase travel insurance from Changi Recommends.
6. Secure self-isolation accommodation.
7. Take a Pre-departure Covid-19 PCR test (PDT) at an accredited or authorised testing facility or a professionally-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) within 2 days before departure for Singapore, and obtain a valid test report that shows a negative test result.
The obligation applies to both VTL and non-VTL passengers, with the exception of children under the age of two.
8. Vaccinated-Recovered Travellers who are fully vaccinated and certified positive for Covid-19 between 7 – 90 days (inclusive) before departure for Singapore will have to obtain an accepted medical proof of Covid-19 infection in lieu of a negative pre-departure test result. You may use this self-check tool to determine if you qualify as a Vaccinated-Recovered traveler.
9. Submit the SG Arrival Card health and travel history declaration up to 72 hours before arriving in Singapore.
10. Download the TraceTogether mobile application and register a profile for contact tracing purposes
Please refer to the SafeTravel Website for a more detailed travel checklist.
What is a Virtual Supervised ART test?
Virtual Supervised Antigen Rapid Test (ART online) is a service that allows you to connect with our doctors to carry out your supervised self-swab Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) via video consultation, instead of having to do one physically over at a Quick Test Centre or a Clinic.
Tele-ARTs now accepted for travel to Singapore
According to ICA, Pre-Departure Test can include any of the following two days before departure:
- COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction test (PCR test) at an internationally accredited or recognised lab/clinic/medical facility; OR
- Antigen Rapid Test (ART) administered by a trained professional; OR
- [Eligible travellers only] Self-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) remotely supervised by an approved ART provider in Singapore. Please refer to MOH’s listing of remote supervised self-swab providers (under section on “Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Providers”) for information on eligible traveller profiles, eligible countries/regions and approved remote ART service providers.
The third one has just been updated. It implies that travelers will no longer need to look for a testing center in another country as part of their pre-departure preparations. However, it is only suitable for eligible travelers, who comply with a list of VTL conditions, including but not limited to the following:
- Have traveled to or transited via any VTL countries/regions, Category I countries/regions and/or Singapore within the past 7 days
- Be fully vaccinated with WHO Emergency Use Listing Vaccines at least two weeks before arrival in Singapore and hold an accepted proof of vaccination
- Arrive in Singapore on a designated VTL flight
Note: Unvaccinated travelers who are 12 and below in this calendar year can travel to Singapore via VTL if accompanied by a fully vaccinated traveler who meets all the requirements.
Notices for travelers
First, not all countries administer tele-ARTs to individuals. For example, the list of eligible countries for Tele-ART does not include Turkey, Switzerland, and ASEAN.
Second, only Singapore citizens, permanent residents, long-term pass holders, and work pass holders are eligible for tele-ARTs. These are currently unavailable to short-term visitors.
Third, because this is a new policy, not all tele-ART suppliers are now aware of it. Some people still believe that remote tele-ARTs are only for Singapore residents.
Fourth, only Singapore-based telemedicine providers are available to visitors visiting Singapore.
Virtual Supervised ART service from MaNaDr
To reduce the risk of infection in public places and facilitate regular self-testing, MaNaDr provides Virtual Supervised ART service that helps you get ART test results officially at the comfort of your home. You can click here to get more information.
Online Appointment Booking For Your Clinic Visit
Get A Medical Certificate Online
Get A Teleconsultation From Trusted Doctors
How To Get An Online Prescription In Singapore
Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Swab Test At Home In Singapore
Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Services for COVID-19