Supervised ART (Tele-ART): For Pre Event, Pre-Departure & Returning Home Test
Due to the high amount of COVID 19 cases, this results in an increase in Antigen Rapid test (ART) usage. There are currently two types of authorized COVID-19 tests, which are polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests and Antigen Rapid Test (Tele-ART).
Accordingly, to reduce the risk of infection in public places and facilitate regular self-testing, the Ministry of Health of Singapore recently announced that healthcare professionals can conduct virtually supervised ART tests. You can easily get ART test results officially in the comfort of your home. (Updated into HealthHub and Tracetogether applications).
What is Virtual Supervised Tele-ART?
Virtual Supervised Antigen Rapid Test (Tele-ART online) is a service that allows you to connect with our doctors to carry out your supervised self-swab Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) via video consultation, instead of having to do one physically over at a Quick Test Centre or a Clinic.
Benefits of Supervised Tele-ART
1. Convenient and quick test
Instead of queuing and waiting to take the Tele-ART test at a Quick Test Centre or in a Clinic, you can do it in your comfort of home to save time and travel costs.
2. Self-test with guided supervision
Through video consultation, our doctors will instruct and guide you step by step to ensure that you carry out your Tele-ART Test correctly.
3. Medications & Medical Certificate available upon request
Our doctors will be able to issue medications & medical certificates to you if it is required.
4. Official Results on TraceTogether/HealthHub Within 4 Hours
Receive your certified results in-app and over SMS/email within 4 hours.
Tele-ARTs for a pre-departure test to Singapore
According to ICA, Pre-Departure Test can include any of the following two days before departure:
- COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction test (PCR test) at an internationally accredited or recognized lab/clinic/medical facility; OR
- Antigen Rapid Test (ART) administered by a trained professional; OR
- [Eligible travelers only] Self-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) remotely supervised by an approved ART provider in Singapore. Please refer to MOH’s listing of remote supervised self-swab providers (under the section on “Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Providers”) for information on eligible traveler profiles, eligible countries/regions, and approved remote ART service providers.
The third one is only suitable for eligible travelers, who comply with a list of VTL conditions, including but not limited to the following:
- Have traveled to or transited via any VTL countries/regions, Category I countries/regions, and/or Singapore within the past 7 days
- Be fully vaccinated with WHO Emergency Use Listing Vaccines at least two weeks before arrival in Singapore and hold an accepted proof of vaccination
- Arrive in Singapore on a designated VTL flight
Note: Unvaccinated travelers who are 12 and below in this calendar year can travel to Singapore via VTL if accompanied by a fully vaccinated traveler who meets all the requirements.
Information about Supervised Tele-ART Service
Virtual Supervised ART services are available: 9 am – 11 pm daily
Cost of Supervised ART (Tele-ART) Service: $11 (including GST)
According to HSA Singapore, as stated below are the list of authorized COVID 19 kits in Singapore:
1) Acon Bioteck Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
2) AllTest SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
3) BD Veritor System for Rapid Detection of SARS-CoV-2
4) Cue@COVID-19 Test
5) Lucira Check it COVID-19 Test Kit
6) Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device (Abott)
7) Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test
8) Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test – SD Biosensor
9) SG Diagnostics COVID-19 ART Kit
10) Standard Q COVID-19 Ag Test
11) Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
This list is updated as at 26 January 2022.
How to request Tele-ART service?
Step 1: Connect to our App
Download the “MaNaDr for Patient” app. Create a new account or log in to your account
Step 2: Consult a doctor for Supervised Tele-ART test
Tap on “Consult a doctor for Virtual Supervised ART”, read the guidelines, confirm that your ART test kit is approved by HSA according to the list shown, and proceed.
Step 3: Provide required information
Select your COVID 19 ART kit’s brand and key in the ART kit batch/lot number. Ensure that you have all necessary items prepared before proceeding.
Step 4: Payment Confirmation
Choose a payment method and proceed to be connected with a healthcare professional for your supervised ART Test.
FAQs about Tele-ART service
What is the Supervised Tele-ART service?
Virtual Supervised ART is a service allowing you to do a self-swab ART test at home under healthcare professional instructions, rather than physically going to a clinic or a Quick Test Center.
Who can use the Supervised Tele-ART service?
- Individuals who require ART test results for pre-event or pre-departure can use the Virtual Supervised ART services.
- Individuals who are down with a cough, cold or runny nose (Acute respiratory symptoms) and worried about a COVID-19 infection.
- Individuals who are ART positive require their results to be officially submitted to Ministry of Health (MOH) and have the result reflected in the TraceTogether/HealthHub application.
Why do I need a Virtual Supervised ART test and what can I expect?
If you are having a cough, cold or runny nose (Acute respiratory symptoms) you would properly required to check if you are infected with COVID-19.
According to the latest guidelines from the Ministry of health. It is now allowed to have ART done virtually under a medical practitioner’s supervision without the need to do testing at the clinic.
Therefore, our doctors would provide consultation and real-time remote supervision to confirm COVID-19 status. We will submit the results so that your status would be documented officially. Medical certificates & medications will also be available upon request.
Can Tele-ART test results be used as a pre-departure test?
Yes. Our ART results can be used as your pre-departure test for travel.
When should I take Supervised Tele-ART for a pre-departure test?
This is dependent on the regulations of the country to which you are traveling. Most nations demand a negative pre-departure check. 48-72 hours prior to travel, the Covid-19 test result was obtained.
How long is Supervised Tele-ART valid?
ART results are usually only good for 24 hours so you’ll need more than one ART if your event lasts more than 24 hours
Can I use Supervised Tele-ART overseas?
The Virtual Supervised ART service is currently valid only for tests done in Singapore. Certification will not be able to be used overseas unless pre-departure test requirement.
How long does a Virtual Supervised ART consultation take?
According to our data from past ART Supervision consultations. The consultation could take up to 30 minutes which includes testing and consultation.
Can I use my account to book a Virtual Supervised ART for family members?
Yes. You will need to add your family members under “Family & Friends” and select their profile when you consult a doctor for the supervised ART test.
How will I receive my medical certificate?
Yes. You can request your doctor for a certified medical certificate. The Medical certificate will be retrievable in the MaNaDr app.
If my ART result is positive, what should I do?
First, you should self-isolate for at least 72 hours and keep track of your own health. Do consult a doctor if you are not feeling well at any point in time.
You can self-administer the ART test after 72 hours.
You will be able to proceed with normal activities.
Result Positive after 72 hours:
Do rest for another day and test again till your result is negative or you will be able to exit isolation on Day 7 1200hrs for vaccinated personnel or Day 14 for unvaccinated personnel.
If my ART result is invalid, what should I do?
Follow your doctor’s instructions to have the ART supervision test done again when you get an invalid result.